Scott has been married to his college sweetheart, Karen, for 34 years. They have lived in Roseville most of their lives and have raised their family here. Karen runs Lilliput Families, a major foster-adoption agency with offices throughout California.
The Alvord’s have seven wonderful adult children (the family photo above was taken many years ago). Some were family relatives they raised and adopted, and some were by birth. Regardless of how they entered the family, they are a close-knit family. Scott and Karen are extremely proud of their children, who are all contributing to society. Five of the children are now wonderful parents themselves. At this point, Scott and Karen have ten grandchildren.
- Master’s in Business Administration (MBA-MCA), Sacramento State University. Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society
- Bachelors in Computer Science (BSCS), Pacific Union College
- Graduate, Roseville Chamber of Commerce’s Leadership Roseville program
Not only does Scott keep himself well-educated, he is also a part-time university business professor. Scott constantly provides education to his community through free seminars, business masterminds, and presentations related to neighborhoods, business concepts, and safety.
In the community
Scott is a leader in the Roseville community and he really does walk the talk. He volunteers his time year-round, not just during campaign season. He leads by example at the neighborhood level, business level, and civic level to make Roseville a better place to live. From teaching, coaching, and keeping the community informed, he has remained approachable and leads by example throughout our community, Scott is passionate about making a positive difference in Roseville.
In return, the community has recognized his efforts by voting him titles such as:
- Favorite Local Businessperson, Favorite Civic Leader, Favorite Local Hero (Style Magazine Readers’ Choice Awards)
- Best-of-the-Best Elected Official (2013, 2014, 2015 - Roseville Press Tribune)
- Most Colorful Character (Roseville Press Tribune)
- Finalist in the Gallina’s Business Person of the Year Award (2015 & 2016)
Read about Scott Alvord in the news.
As a proven community leader, local business owner, and devoted civil servant, Scott is the right choice for City Council. Read what our community and business leaders say about Scott.